We just watched a documentary on water: The Flow. Oh my. Don't watch it if you will be frustrated about all of the things you should do. Drastic changes in how I live will surely drastically complicate my life. Much like after many documentaries I've watched I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. How do I, a single human, make a difference with regard to these global issues?
I can't. There is no way. What I can do is to choose an aspect from the issue and make one change in my behavior. I must commit wholly to that one change until I have assimilated the new behavior in my life. Then I can choose another aspect of an issue -- inching my way into having a very real lasting change.
However, I want to incorporate so many changes: healthcare, mental health, farming, food, water, alternative medicine, spirituality, compassion, human rights, animal protection, etc. You can see how my interests could bring about an overwhelming sense of hopelessness, unless I make many small (some tiny) changes -- continuously. I must keep expanding my awareness. I must keep caring. Always.
How about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment